With the ongoing upward trend in alphabet creams, I bet most women are intrigued as to what is the difference between a BB cream and a CC cream.
In order to satisfy my curiosity I decided to research this myself and am happy to share what I found out.
What is a BB Cream?
BB Cream stands for Beauty Balm and is big in Korea. It is an all around make up product that provides coverage with additional skin care benefits. This includes: sun protection, skin lightening, concealer, and anti-ageing properties. It is lighter in texture than traditional makeup foundation but heavier than tinted moisturizers.
What is CC Cream?
CC cream stands for Color Correcting Cream. This cream addresses issues that have to do with skin pigmentation eg brown spots, redness or sallowness of the skin. It is usually made with light diffusing particles and appears lighter on the skin when compared with BB Creams.
What are the differences between these two?
- These products are almost the same except for the following
- BB Cream contains a non-brightening skin primer.
- CC Cream contains a skin brightening primer.
- BB Cream leans toward heavier texture and is better for dry
- CC Cream is a bit lighter in texture.
- BB Cream’s focus is on prevention and maintenance.
- CC Cream is better for acne-prone skin and focuses on
concealing blemishes and imperfections caused by existing or past skin
What are the advantages of these skin care products?
- They go on fast saving you time – you use less product
therefore use less time.
- Convenience because you can carry it anywhere and use it
- Less products to carry around with you.
- Great for traveling.
Top 8 products to check out:
Now that you know the difference between BB Cream and CC Cream, you can check out for yourself which brand best suits your skin type. Learn about your options and what shade may be best for you by checking our BB Cream section.