As we age the needs of our skin change. While we would love to be able to hold on to our youthful appearance it becomes obvious that good skin takes work and requires daily maintenance.
Taking care of yourself is one way to keep your skin feeling and looking great. Eating well, getting lots of sleep and being happy in ourselves all contribute to your skin’s well being.
Along with these basics it’s also important to create a good skincare regime that you can maintain each day to help your skin look fabulous for years to come.
What are the primary characteristics of mature skin?
- It loses its firmness because the skin loses both collagen and elastin, the proteins responsible for making our skin firm, plump and wrinkle-free. These also give the skin its strength and stretchability.
- It may start to sag, stretch and tear more easily.
- It may also start to appear rough and dull as a result of the mature’s skin diminished ability to regenerate.
- It becomes more transparent and fragile and bruises can easily show as a result of thinning blood vessels and flattening epidermis.
- Facial skin may start to loosen and appear more sunken. This can particularly affect the skin around the mouth, nose and ears as bone or cartilage starts to loosen .
- You may experience loss of natural moisture because sweat and oil glands start to deplete.
Skin Care Tips for Mature Skin
- Wear sunscreen protection every day, rain or shine. In fact, it is never too early to use sunscreen because UV rays is the no. 1 cause of wrinkles and skin damage. Choose an SPF that is higher than 30.
- Choose the right kind of cleansers and moisturizers. Products that especially formulated for mature skin.
- Exfoliate once a week and do this to your body as well as your face. You have to choose a very good exfoliating product so that the job is already half done.
- Use eye creams as this helps rejuvenate the thin skin around the eyes and help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Choosing the right skin care for mature skin
Natio Skin Care have a range called Restore targeting the needs of mature skin. Here are a few things you need to know about this range.
These are specially formulated products that aim to help women with mature or advanced age.
Its primary benefit is to help restore the appearance of elasticity, firmness and vitality – characteristics that are mostly getting lost as our skin matures.
Made with moisturizing flower and plant extracts making it super ideal for maturing skin which may be quite sensitive to harsh chemicals.
Check out the range.
We love sharing skincare secrets and war stories. If you have your own tips on how to care for mature skin, please leave us a comment below.