Winter is the season that keeps some of us off the road and in our bedroom. For some reason, the cold weather often keeps us from being up and about. But it can’t just be a simple problem of the winter blues. Whatever it is that keeps us down during the winter, we can always prepare for the worst and still enjoy the season. Vitamin C is one very practical and convenient way to help boost our immune system.
What is Vitamin C and what can it do to our immune system?
Vitamin C is a water soluble nutrient naturally present in some foods. It comes in various forms, including; ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, calcium ascorbate and Esther C.
When taken, vitamin C acts as an antioxidant that helps to protect the cells from damage being caused by free radicals. It also makes collagen, a protein required to help heal wounds. It helps to improve the absorption of certain nutrients, like iron from plant-based sources. Together these nutrients help the immune system to work properly in order to protect the body from the attack of various diseases.
What are the top 5 Vitamin C products to consider?
Sanderson Ester Plex Chewable Vitamin C 600mg
- High potency Vitamin C complex that combines cofactors to help offer optimum bioavailability to the body.
- Offers low acidity
- Stomach and tooth-friendly formulation
- Buffered Vitamin C
- Superior low allergy formulation.
- Deliciously orange flavoured
- Delicious raspberry flavour
- Suitable for the whole family
- Combines Ascorbic Acid and Sodium Ascorbate
- High potency cold and hayfever relief
- Contains therapeutic power of 4 natural herbs + Vitamin C
- Combines the potencies of Garlic, Horseradish, Fenugreek and Marsmallow
- Does not contain gluten, lactose, sugar, artificial colours or flavours
- No artificial sweeteners or preservatives, dairy products
Clinicians Hi Dose Vitamin C 300mg
- Frequent high dosing of Vitamin C may significantly shorten recovery time from common illnesses
- Contains Vitamin B2, Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid
- Contains natural flavouring and stevia as natural sweetener
- Suitable for diabetics
Nutralife Ester C with Bioflavonoids 1000mg
- More efficiently absorbed by the body
- Ester C is proven by research to be the most bioavailable form of Vitamin C
- May be absorbed into the bloodstream 2x faster and stored in the body 2x longer compared to ordinary Vitamin C
- Contains Calcium Ascorbate, Threonate Complex and Citrus Bioflavonoids
To continuously enjoy the perks that the winter season has to offer, take any of these Top 5 Vitamin C choices to help keep those winter blues away. To learn more about these products, visit our website.