Nutralife Evening Primrose Oil 1000 mg 180 Capsules
PMS and menopause are natural occurrences in a woman's life. There is nothing we can do to stop them, but support is available to help minimise the unpleasant symptoms associated with them.
Hot flashes, emotional outbursts, nervous tension, weight gain and water retention as well as skin breakouts are just some of the symptoms of PMS and menopause. If you experience any of these, Nutra-Life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg capsules can provide support to help your body cope.
- Supports hormonal balance to help alleviate unpleasant symptoms of PMS and menopause
- Provides nutritional support to help moisturise skin and improve the complexion.
- Soothe irritated skin associated with eczema and psoriasis
- Supports healthy joints and helps improve mobility
- Natural source of Omega-6 essential fatty acids including 10% Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)
- High dosing
- Suitable for men, women and children
Each Capsule Contains: Evening Primrose Oil (1g) 1000mg Providing: 10% Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) 100mg 70% Linoleic Acid 700mg Contains no added: sugar, starch, gluten, yeast, salt, artificial colouring preservatives or dairy products
Adults are recommended to take 1 to 3 capsules daily with food or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Patients on prescribed medicines, including warfarin, should consult their doctor before using this product. Always read the label. Use strictly as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional. Persons with epilepsy should seek medical advice before taking Evening Primrose Oil
Important Information about Evening Primrose Oil:
Why is EPO needed?
- It provides 10% Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA).
- GLA is an essential Omega 6 fatty acid (EFA), which is often missed out in our regular diet.
- It cannot be manufactured in the body.
- Used to synthesize compounds such as prostaglandins.
- EPO is an ideal way to get GLA that is free from blocking agents.
What are prostaglandins?
- GLA in EPO is converted to Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) in the body.
- PGE1 a hormone like compound, which helps control many of the body's essential functions.
- Functions include supporting cholesterol levels, acne, eczema, joint health, circulation, menopause, menstrual cramps, diabetes and weight control.
- PGE1 helps control the production of inflammatory series 2 Prostaglandin (PGE2) leukotrienes and other highly inflammatory agents.
- How does Evening Primrose Oil help the skin?
- EFAs are needed to maintain healthy skin and hair.
- Deficiency in EFAs lead to developing skin lesions, flaking, dandruff, brittle nails and thinning hair.