Sebizole 2 Percent Shampoo 100ml
Dandruff is quite a common skin condition that affects both males and females, young and old. It is considered as seborrhoeic dermatitis that appears as scaly patches scattered within the hairy parts of the scalp like white snowflakes. Seborrhoeic dermatitis on the other hand, is a common yet chronic form of eczema or dermatitis. It can appear on the scalp and face and can even affect infants. In this case, it is called infantile seborrhoeic dermatitis. Dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis both in adults and infants is not itchy. So, it does not appear to bother those who suffer from this condition. However, it is unsightly and has a certain degree of social stigma. To help treat these conditions, you can use Sebizole 2% Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. A high strength shampoo with antifungal action because it contains a broad spectrum antifungal active ingredient Ketoconazole 2%. It also helps those with thinning hair or hair loss by facilitating hair growth.
- Helps slow the growth of fungi infections by interfering and killing their cell membranes
- Assists to control flaking, scaling and itching of the scalp caused by dandruff
- Facilitates hair regrowth
- Offers relief from dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis
Anti-fungal treatment shampoo
Ketoconazole 2% w/w
How to use for best results?
- Use every 3 to 4 days for up to 8 weeks or as directed by a doctor.
- Once the dandruff has cleared up, reduce to once every 1 to 2 weeks to prevent the condition from returning.
- It is best to consult with a doctor for the correct dosage as it will depend on the length of the patient's hair, the condition of the scalp and their response to the therapy.
- Wet hair with warm water prior to applying the medication.
- Apply the shampoo and gently massage the lather into the scalp using your fingertips.
- Leave in place for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Immediately proceed to your nearest emergency department if you suffer an allergic reaction. Symptoms usually associated with such a reaction include difficulty breathing or swallowing, chest tightness, swelling, skin rashes, and hives. Sebizole Shampoo is not always suitable for all patients. Always consult your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to conceive, using any other medication (prescription or non-prescription), using any herbal products or supplements, or if you have any allergies or other health problems. The correct dosage and prescription commonly depend on the patient and the condition being treated. Do not adjust your dosage without the approval of your healthcare provider. This product is only for use as prescribed and instructed.
- Sebizole Shampoo may cause unwanted side effects such as: Discolouration of hair, irritation, itching or burning at application site, Eczema, inflammation of the skin, hair loss, dry or oily hair or scalp, difficulty breathing.
- Contact a doctor immediately should side effects persist or worsen.
I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.