Our body requires large quantities of calcium, more so than any other mineral, and it is an essential mineral to obtain from our diet or, when necessary, from supplementation. It is especially important during conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding. On this page, we have a range of calcium supplements that you can buy online, and have couriered straight to your door. The importance of calcium in the body | What are the benefits of calcium? | Calcium & magnesium | Dietary sources of calcium | Who benefits most from taking calcium supplements?Prices are Inclusive of GST (sales Tax).
Page updated 06/04/18 12:47:36 p.m.
- Helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth.
- Supports the proper function of heart, muscles and nerves.
- When combined with Vitamin D, it also helps protect the body against cancer, diabetes, and hypertension.
Certain vegetables are also rich in calcium, for example, kale, broccoli, bok choi or Chinese cabbage, green turnips and other green leafy vegetables.
You can also get it from fortified produce such as: bread, soy drink, ready-to-eat cereals, and orange juice.
Although there are lots of natural sources of calcium, the busy, hurried lives many of us lead may be preventing us from getting our required intake of calcium from our diet alone. This is why taking calcium supplement has become a necessity, especially for certain age groups.
- Women of childbearing age.
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- Men age 30 and above.
- Individuals who are active in sports.
- Women of menopausal age.