Page updated 06/04/18 12:47:36 p.m.
How to shape your eyebrows - the best products to use
In order to get those well groomed eyebrows styles you dream of, here are the essential grooming tools: Eyebrow Brush
- Essential for grooming and putting your brows in place, an eyebrow brush will also help blend eyebrow pencil and tame any unruley fly away brows Eyebrow Pencil
- will help fill in the gaps as well as emphasise or define the brows. Remember not to colour them in, but instead of draw in hairs in the direction your hairs grow natually for a natual look. Eyebrow Powder
- Eyebrow powder functions like a pencil but gives a softer and more natural looking result so you can blend in colour Eyebrow Gel
- unlike a powder or pencil, eyebrow gel not only defines your brows but also keeps them in place to help them look clean and sophisticated - you can use it with or without pencils and powders Mini scissors
- for trimming unruly and out of shape brows. Tweezers
- perhaps the most popular grooming tool, tweezers are used to pluck any stray hairs as well as create arches and shape the brows.
How to choose which eyebrow makeup is best for you
If you're trying to choose between eyebrow pencil, eyebrow powder or eyebrow gel here are some simple guidelines to consider:
- Choose the form you are most comfortable using.
- You can use all three and interchange them depending on your mood or the occasion. The powder offers a more natural look while the pencil and the gel offers a more defined and sophisticated look.
- No matter what form you use, make sure to choose a shade that is exactly the same or one or two shades lighter than your hair colour to make it look more natural.
Functions of the eyebrows
Eyebrows play a very important role in our appearance. They are one of the most distinctive and expressive features that make up our face. Our eyebrows can tell a person what we feel or what we are doing (e.g. if we are thinking we simply move our eyebrows up or down). Our eyebrows also help protect our eyes from either sweat or rain, helping to ensure the salt from sweat or raindrops does not blur our vision. Page updated 06/04/18 12:47:36 p.m.