Experiencing period pain is normal for some women. However, no matter how normal it may have become, experiencing it every month is no fun at all. On this page, we offer a wide variety of period pain remedies from pain relievers to herbal preparations and magnets. All of these aim to help alleviate period pain, so you can greet your monthly cycle with ease. What is period pain? What are the causes? What are the symptoms? When should period pain cause alarm? Tips and remedies for period painPrices are Inclusive of GST (sales Tax).
Page updated 06/04/18 12:47:36 p.m.
On certain occasions, menstrual cramps can also be caused by problems in the uterus or other organs that are part of the female reproductive system.
When the cramps are severe, symptoms may include upset stomach. Some women may also experience vomiting, loose stools, headache, nausea or constipation.
- Apply a heat pad on the affected area.
- Do a massage around the lower belly area, using a light circular motion.
- Drink warm beverages.
- Eat light but frequent meals.
- Eat foods that are rich in complex carbs and consume less salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
- Keep your legs raised while lying down, or lie on your side with your knees bent.
- Do some yoga and meditation.
- Take pain relief medications such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Take warm baths and showers