Clinicians 5 HTP Mood Care 60 Pack
Clinicians 5-HTP Mood Care is a research-based formulation designed to support those with low serotonin levels. Clinicians 5-HTP Mood Care contains 5-Hydoroxytryptophan, an extract from the botanical Griffonia simplicifolia. It may support healthy serotonin balance, mood and sleep.
Supplemental forms of 5-HTP have been shown to support serotonin levels and offer mood support, sleep support,and tension headache support. Natural 5-HTP is derived from the seed of the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia."What is 5HTP?"
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that is the active intermediate metabolite between the amino acid L-Tryptophan and the important brain chemical serotonin.
- In the central nervous system, serotoninsupports sleep, mood, appetite, temperaturebalance, sexual behaviour and pain sensation.
- Other cells outside the brain such as blood platelets make and use serotonin as well.
- The brain can only use serotonin which is produced in the brain as serotonin cannot pass the blood-brain barrier.
Low serotonin levels have been linked to a number of common health conditions. What are the Active Ingredients in Clinicians 5-HTP Mood Care?"
Active Ingredients in 1 gelatin capsule:
5-Hydroxytryptophan 50 mg
Also contains: calcium lactate, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, tapioca powder. Calcium content (from calcium lactate) 48mg.Recommended Adult Dosage:
Take 1 to 3 capsules at night or as directed."Are there any Precautions & Contraindications for Clinicians 5-HTP Mood Care?
- Precautions and Contraindications: SSRI Anti-depressant medication - individuals already taking anti-depressant medications or dietary supplements for depression, should not begin taking 5-HTP without consulting a pharmacist or healthcare professional.
- Side Effects: Occasional side effects reported include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, especially at high doses. If these symptoms occur, reduce to a lower dose and gradually increase. Taking this supplement with meals may also Help.
- Pregnancy and Breast Feeding: Little is known about the use of 5-HTP in pregnancy and breast feeding. This supplement is not recommended for use during pregnancy and breast feeding unless under healthcare supervision.
- Keep out of reach of children.