Clinicians Hi Dose Vitamin C 150g
The cold season is particularly stressful for the immune system. It is during this time that the body is under attack. It is also during this time that the body needs extra doses of essential vitamin C to help support the immune system and help to reduce recovery times during illness.
- Specially formulated to assist the body's defenses against winter ills and chills.
- Helps support and enhance immune function during times of stress.
- Assists in hormone and neurotransmitter production.
- Helps protect cells from free radical damage.
Read about Vitamin C in relation to bowel tolerance.
- Specialised research-based buffered formulation containing 2 forms of vitamin C, (sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid).
- High potency buffered vitamin C dosing.
- Most tolerated and well absorbed formula.
- Powder form offers cost effective and flexible dosing.
- Suitable for the entire family's use.
- No artificial colours and flavours.
- Can be used alongside conventional medicine.
- Can be taken daily for general health.
- Can be taken in high dosing during times of immune stress.
- No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
1 level 5ml teaspoonful provides: Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 3mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 700mg, Vitamin C (from sodium ascorbate) 2,850mg.
Also contains: natural flavourings and stevia.
Recommended Adult Dosage:
Take 1 level teaspoonful in water or juice 1-2 times daily.
1 level teaspoonful in water or juice 1-2 times daily.
Enhanced Dosage (for short term adult use only):
Day 1-3: 1 level teaspoonful in water or juice every 2 to 3 hours during waking hours *Monitor dosage in accordance with bowel tolerance.
Day 4-7: 2 level teaspoonful twice or three times daily.
After Day 7: Return to recommended adult dosage or as directed by your health professional.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Do not take high doses of vitamin C if you have a gastric ulcer or ulcerative colitis. Gastric ulcer or Ulcerative colitis: vitamin C is generally well-tolerated, however people with gastric sensitivities are advised to take this product with food or to lower the dose if bowel discomfort occurs.
There are noted side effects in taking this product:
Diarrhoea, flatulence and bowel distension may occur as a result of high dosing. Reduce the dose if these symptoms are of concern. If you are on any other medication, please consult with your health professional before taking this product. If symptoms persist or you have any side affects please contact your health professional.
This product is safe to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding. High dosing of vitamin C to bowel tolerance should be done under supervision of a health professional during these times.