Clinicians Stress and Energy Support Capsules 60
Feeling constantly tired and sleepy? Dozing off in mid afternoon? Gaining weight? Feeling sad and lonely without any reason? These are just some signs that you may be experiencing adrenal fatigue syndrome. Many people, regardless of age, status in life and gender are affected. It is a serious condition, and although it does not require hospitalisation, it can lead to a diminished quality of life.
The adrenal glands produce the stress hormones adrenalin. These hormones stimulate many of the body processes related to the "fight or flight" response. They are also responsible for maintaining normal nervous control. Involuntary bodily functions such as heart rate, respiration, digestion and blood vessel tone are some of actions affected by the adrenal glands.
Clinicians Stress and Energy Support Capsules offer support during times of stress to assist the adrenal glands to function at their best.
- Supports the adrenal glands to help manage the effects of stress on the body.
- Provides nutritional support to help prevent the body from feeling burned out and exhausted.
- Helps maintain energy levels.
- Supports the body to recuperate from stress.
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels and proper immune function.
- Synergistically blended vitamins, minerals and herbs for a healthy response to stress.
- Well researched adrenal herbs.
- Addition of standardised herbs.
- Stays effective over a long period of time.
- Helps build energy without stimulating it.
- No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
Vitamin B5 (from calcium pantothenate) 75mg., Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25mg., Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Copper (from copper gluconate) 250 mcg, Magnesium (from magnesium citrate complex) 25mg., Potassium (from potassium citrate) 25mg, L-Tyrosine 50 mg, Zinc (from zinc methionine sulfate)3.7mg , Acanthopanax senticosus (Siberian Ginseng) root ext. 25mg., Centella asiatica (gotu kola) herb 6:1 ext. 25mg., Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root 50mg., Rehmannia glutinosa (shu di huang) root 5:1 ext. 50mg., Withania somnifera (Indian ginseng) root 62.5mg, Zingiber officinale (ginger root) 25mg.
Also contains: magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
- Adults are advised to take 1 to 2 capsules twice daily or as directed.
- Best taken before breakfast and/or lunch.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Long-term use of Siberian Ginseng and Licorice Root may increase blood pressure in hypertensive people. Some people with elevated cortisol may find Licorice Root too stimulating even in small amounts, it may cause anxiety or hyperactivity. Monitor dosage closely for this group.
Very well tolerated. Individuals who are sensitive to herbal extracts, may begin on a low dose and slowly work up to the maximum daily recommended dose.
Herbal ingredients in this product have not been tested in pregnancy or breastfeeding and therefore may not be considered suitable to use during these times. Read about how cortisol impacts the body
Additional information about the ingredients:Copper
- a critical trace mineral for the production of energy in the cells. It is involved in nerve conduction, connective tissue, cardiovascular system and the immune system. (1)L-Tyrosine
- is an amino acid that is widely studied for its impact on alleviating the effects of stress. (2)
Siberian ginseng is better known for aiding in maintaining good health, rather than for treatment of illnesses. In one study, elderly people who took Siberian ginseng improved their quality of life by showing better mental health and social functioning. (3)(4)Gotu Kola
- is regarded as the most spiritual of all herbs in India. Grown in some areas of the Himalayas, it is used by yogis to improve meditation. Regarded as one of the most important rejuvenative herbs in Ayurvedic Medicine. It supports and strengthens the adrenal glands while cleansing the blood to help relieve skin impurities. Licorice Root
- a member of the legume family, some species grow in the U.S. but primarily it is a native to Europe and Asia. Recent studies has found licorice root to help the body efficiently regulate cortisol -- known as the stress hormone. It is one of the main adaptogen herbs to lower cortisol. (5)Rehmannia
- a native of China, Korea and Japan, it belongs to the Phrymaceae or lopseed family. It is a very popular herb in the Chinese medical system. Nutritive constituents found in rehmannia are vitamins A, B, C and D, amino acids, beta-sitosterol, calcium, copper, glucose, glucosamine, rehmaglitin, histidine, mannitol, and zinc. Its main active ingredients are iridoid glycosides. It is an important herb in the traditional Chinese medicine, where it is used to treat disorders related to kidneys and adrenal glands. Withania
- commonly known as ashwagandha, Withania is a common herb known in Ayurveda medicine. It is an adaptogen that has an ability to help prevent anxiety. It is also referred to as an Indian ginseng because it has the ability to help enhance stamina and has extraordinary stress relieving properties. (6) It has also been proven effective in the support of proper adrenal function as it helps the body overcome adrenal fatigue and chronic stress. (7)Ginger root
- a common kitchen aid for cooking, this potent herb can help a sluggish system jumpstart to better health. Best known for it's anti-inflammatory properties it also support the circulatory system.
Eck, P. and Wilson, L., Toxic Metals in Human Health and Disease, Eck Institute of Applied Nutrition and Bioenergetics, Ltd., Phoenix, AZ, 1989.L-Tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress?
Published in May 2007
Hartz AJ, Bentler S, Noyes R, et al., Randomized controlled trial of Siberian ginseng for chronic fatigue. Psychol Med. 2004;34(1):51-61.
Goulet ED, Dionne IJ. Assessment of the effects of eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2005;15(1):75-83.
Liquorice and glycyrrhetinic acid increase DHEA and deoxycorticosterone levels in vivo and in vitro by inhibiting adrenal SULT2A1 activity.
Puri, Harbans Singh. Rasayana: ayurvedic herbs for longevity and rejuvenation - Volume 2 of Traditional herbal medicines for modern times. s.l.: CRC Press, 2002. ISBN 0415284899, 9780415284899
Kalani A, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A. Ashwagandha root in the treatment of non-classical adrenal hyperplasia. British Medical Journal Case Reports 2012, 10(1136).