Clinicians Sunshine Vitamin D3 1000 IU K2 60 Tablets
As much as we want to spend more time under the sun to get essential vitamin D, we fear that the UV rays will harm our skin. The continuous progression of global warming greatly affects the way the sun affects our skin. Don't let a lack of sunshine affect your bone health. Take Clinicians Sunshine Vitamin D3 to help support optimal bone health, muscle strength, joint mobility and immunity.
- Helps support individuals who are not getting enough vitamin D due to lack of sun exposure
- Formulated with the highest amount of vitamin D in New Zealand
- Does not require prescription
- Vitamin D is an essential nutrient to effectively absorb calcium to help maintain healthy bones and teeth
- Ideal during colder months when people spend less time outside
- Formulated using vitamin D in the same form as that naturally produced in the body
- Contains Vitamin K2 - an essential cofactor for efficient metabolic action of vitamin D
- No added: Gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
What is Vitamin K2?
Vitamin K2 is a cofactor for Vitamin D metabolism. Body stores of both nutrients need to be replenished on a daily basis for optimal health benefits.
In this modern age we seem to be time starved, and often our time is spent inside working, doing chores, or sleeping. Sometimes we just do not get time to get outside and enjoy the sun each day. We need vitamin D to absorb calcium so when we do not get enough sunlight it can make calcium absorption less effective. Sometimes people can support vitamin D levels with a supplement, but it is important to choose the right one.
However, not all vitamin D supplements provide the added benefit of vitamin K2, which is an effective cofactor of vitamin D that provides efficient metabolic action for optimum results. Only Clinicians Sunshine Vitamin D3 contains the highest amount of vitamin D3 with the added benefit of K2.
Vitamin D3 25mcg, vitamin K2 90mcg
Also Contains: Xylitol, sorbitol, vegetable stearate, silica, cellulose and natural flavour. Contains Soy.
Adults and children over 3 years of age may take 1 tablet daily, dissolved under the tongue
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Vitamin D is considered well tolerated when daily intakes do not exceed the recommended dose. Use with caution in individuals with high calcium levels, primary hyperparathyroidism or disorders of calcium metabolism. Use with caution in individuals on anticoagulant medications such as warfarin, monitor INR levels particularly in the 1st two weeks of therapy. Vitamin K doses of 100mcg/ day do not appear to interfere with warfarin and may actually help stabilize and reduce INR fluctuations (INR - International Normalised Ratio). Considered suitable when vitamin D intake does not exceed the tolerable upper intake and vitamin K does not exceed the recommended daily intake of 90mcg/ day for women aged 19 - 50 years.