Mintec 60 Capsules
Mintec contains peppermint oil prepared through distillation of the ground parts of the peppermint plant. Peppermint oil has been used as a medicinal plant since the time of ancient Greece and its leaf was traditionally used as a digestive aid. It is extensively researched and results has shown that it provides relief for symptoms of IBS.
- Helps provide relief from symptoms of IBS
- Specially formulated with a coating that delays the release
- Effectively targets the source of pain
- No need to refrigerate so it can be taken anytime, anywhere
- Helps relieve: abdominal pain, cramps, bloating and wind.
- Specially formulated coating (called enteric coating) that allows the capsules to pass through the stomach intact.
- Mintec acts only on the muscles of the bowel and does not affect the rest of the body.
- Security sealed in blister packs.
Each enteric-coated capsule contains 0.2 mL of pure peppermint oil and it is free from gluten and lactose.
The usual dosage is one capsule three times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
If there are times when your symptoms are particularly severe, the dose may be increased to two capsules, three times a day.
It is best not to take Mintec after a meal or with a hot drink, as this may result in the peppermint oil being released in the stomach and cause symptoms of heartburn.
The capsules should be swallowed whole with water.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Store below 25 degrees C. Protect from light and moisture. Do not break or chew the capsules. Mintec is not recommended for use during pregnancy or for use in children unless on the advice of a doctor. If symptoms persist seek medical advice.