NeilMed Naspira Babies and Kids Nasal Oral Aspirator
The NeilMed Naspira Babies and Kids Nasal Oral Aspirator creates strong and continuous suction so parents can hygienically and effectively remove mucus from their children's noses.
- Highly effective and safe nasal-oral aspirator and traditional bulb syringe
- Allows your child to breathe easier
- Effectively removes mucus from little noses
- Innovative and uniquely designed nasal-oral aspirator system
- Contains disposable in-line filter
- One-way valve that prevents air from entering child's nose
- Detachable bulb portion for manual, gentler nasal suction
- Replacement filters available separately
- Transparent design
- Parts can be easily disassembled for easy cleaning
- Lifetime warranty
- Made of high grade silicone
- Dishwasher safe (excluding disposable filters)
How to use for best results?
1. Hold your baby or child in an upright to semi-upright position. Make sure they are well secured in your arms, and comfortable.
2. Place the tip of the bulb into the baby's nostril. Suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the baby's nose.
3. A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using this product. Mucus from the baby's nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.
4. Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.
5. Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
6. Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.
- How to disassemble the parts:
- Using your thumb and index finger pinch the opening of the bulb tip.
- With the help of the other hand's thumb and index finger, squeeze the bulb quickly in order to increase the air pressure to allow the parts to separate.
How to clean and sterilise:
After disassembling all parts, wash these with warm soapy water. Then shake off excess water.
Choose from three methods stated below to disinfect:
- Place all parts in boiling water and wait for 5 minutes.
- Allow the water to cool completely to avoid burning.
- Remove the parts from the water.
- Shake off excess water.
- Put parts on a paper towel.
- Allow all parts to air dry.
Using microwave oven:
- After cleaning all parts, shake off excess water.
- Place the aspirator in the microwave oven for 45 seconds.
- This will disinfect the aspirator as recommended by NeilMed as well as published in medical research journals.
Use of chemical disinfectant:
Some countries use Milton's Solution and protocol.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Keep out of reach of babies and children. It is only intended for use of adults.