Nicorette 4mg Classic Gum Extra Strength 105 Gums
There are many reasons why a person smokes, stress, habit, social circles, addiction are just some. People who smoke more than or equal to 20 cigarettes a day can be considered as a heavy smoker. It can be estimated that a heavy smoker, smokes a cigarette or two every waking hour. So practically all their waking hours, they are smoking. But many of these heavy smokers dream of quitting. Perhaps they feel that their body can no longer handle the chemicals and it is affecting their health. Or maybe, they feel that they are wasting money buying cigarettes. There can be a hundred and one reasons for them wanting to quit, but it can be very hard for them to make the decision to do it. There are many ways by which to quit. Some say that cold turkey is the best. However, you need to battle with the withdrawal syndrome. The next best option is through nicotine replacement therapy. Nicorette Gum Classic Extra Strength 4mg is one product that you can try. It contains 4mg of nicotine and it works by providing a small yet steady amount of nicotine to your blood through the lining of the mouth as you chew the gum.
- Helps a heavy smoker quit smoking
- Relieves the craving for nicotine
- Reduce the withdrawal symptoms
- Facilitates the break from nicotine dependence
- Assists to provide the motivation to quit smoking
- Reduce the risk of health problems associated with smoking
- Can be used in combination with a nicotine patch
- Sugar free and double coated nicotine-resin complex
- Contains sorbitol powder for flavour
How does Nicorette Gum work?
- It contains nicotine, an alkaloid found in the nightshade plant family which includes tobacco.
- The gum-like resin delivers a small and regular amount of nicotine to your blood through the lining of your mouth as your chew the gum.
- Nicotine acts directly on the brain and increases the release of the neurotransmitter dopamine in your brain.
- Neurotransmitters are chemicals that allow nerve cells to communicate and dopamine is a neurotransmitter that regulates mood.
- When stimulated by nicotine, dopamine creates a feeling of relaxation and euphoria in the reward circuits of the brain, which eventually leads to addiction.
- Nicotine also causes a release of adrenaline, a stimulant that increases heart rate, as well as other chemicals which have a variety of physiological effects that contribute to nicotine dependence.
- Nicorette Gum 4mg controls the amount of nicotine that enters your blood and is intended to wean you off nicotine dependence without the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- And allows you to focus on breaking the psychological reliance on your smoking habit, so that you get used to living without the "feel good" reward provided by smoking and therefore no longer need it.
Active ingredient nicotine 4mg, an addictive chemical found in tobacco, as a sugar free and double coated nicotine-resin complex.
It also contains sorbitol powder, sorbitol, flavour for smoker, haverstroo flavour, sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium carbonate and glycerol.
How to use for best results?
- Chew a gum each time you feel the urge to smoke.
- Place a piece of Nicorette gum in your mouth and chew slowly until you have a strong taste or feel a slight tingling sensation.
- Place the gum between your cheek and gums until the taste or tingling has disappeared.
- Then chew slowly again and repeat.
- Chew a gum intermittently for about 30 minutes. This will give you a total of 10 pieces of the 4mg gum a day as needed.
- Avoid drinking carbonated or acidic drinks, such as coffee or juice, before or while using Nicorette gum.
- Continue using Nicorette gum 4mg for at least 3 months.
- Gradually reduce the number of pieces you chew a day, until you are down to 1-2 pieces a day, then you should be ready to stop treatment.
Why should you chew your Nicorette gum slowly?
Because this allows the nicotine to release into your saliva and be absorbed through the lining of your mouth into your bloodstream. If you chew too fast you make more saliva and if you swallow too much nicotine-containing saliva the nicotine is broken down in your stomach and is effectively wasted. If you chew your Nicorette Gum slowly and according to the instructions, this will help you absorb as much nicotine as possible from the gum to give you maximum benefit.
How long should you take Nicorette Gum?
You should continue to use Nicorette Gum Classic Extra-Strength for at least 3 months.
Gradually reduce the number of pieces you chew a day, until you are taking 1-2 pieces a day. Then stop the treatment.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Store Nicorette Gum Classic Extra-Strength below 25 degrees C in a cool dry place and you should not keep your gum for more than 24 months.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Nicorette Gum include: headache nausea, vomiting, hiccups, sore mouth or throat, jaw-muscle ache. Less common side effects include: redness of the skin, urticaria (hives), palpitations.
Do not use Nicorette Gum Classic Extra-Strength 4mg if you:
- are allergic to nicotine or any components of Nicorette Gum
- are pregnant or breastfeeding, without discussion with your doctor, as stopping smoking is very important for a healthy pregnancy
- have liver or kidney disease or active duodenal or gastric ulcers
- have hyperthyroidism (a disorder of the thyroid gland) or phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland)
- have heart problems, have a had a stroke or heart attack or have high blood pressure
- are taking medication that may interact with nicotine in Nicorette gum, including theophylline for asthma, the antidepressant imipramine, the pain medication pentazocine, the dopamine agonist ropinirole, tacrine for Alzheimer's disease, the antipsychotic clozapine.