Proctosedyl Ointment 30g
Specially formulated for hemorrhoids, Proctosedyl Ointment combines the active ingredients hydrocortisone and cinchocaine hydrochloride. These work together to help reduce swelling, numb the pain and relieve itching.
- Helps provide relief for discomfort of hemorrhoids (piles) and other other painful conditions of the anus (rear end), such as fissures (tears).
- Works to reduce swelling
- Helps numb pain
- Helps relieve itching
Combines the active ingredients hydrocortisone, a steroid, and cinchocaine hydrochloride, a local anaesthetic.
Hydrocortisone 5 mg per gram
Cinchocaine hydrochloride 5 mg per gram
Inactive Ingredients: Liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, wool fat
How to use this product for best results?
- Use it after you empty your bowels.
- Do not strain.
- Wash and dry the anal area.
- Wash your hands.
- Application can be done 2 ways:
- If affected area is on the surface, use your finger to apply just the right amount of ointment to cover the painful area.
- If it needs to be applied deeper, follow these simple steps:
- Screw the plastic nozzle tightly onto the tube (supplied in the carton).
- Gently insert the nozzle all the way into the rectum (back passage).
- Squeeze the tube from the lower end while withdrawing it from the rectum.
- These 2 actions should happen simultaneously.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
Note that if the area is very inflamed and painful, it is advisable to initially apply the ointment with a finger rather than inserting the nozzle.
Inform your attending physician or pharmacist if you have or have had any of the following medical conditions:
Cut or abrasion in the area of the anus e.g. if there was blood on the toilet paper or in the toilet after opening the bowels (defacating).
Fungal infections such as thrush in the area of the anus
Severe or prolonged anal pain or if blood is present in the feces, in which case you need to be examined by the doctor.
You must not use it if you have the following conditions:
Not intended for children under 12 years of age. Do not use after the expiry date for it may not work as effectively. Do not use if the packaging is torn, damaged or shows any signs of tampering. Customer Declaration:
- Allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes.
- Tuberculosis; it can be aggravated due to use of this product.
I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.