Repel Tropical Roll On 60ml
Get dual protection by using Repel Super Stick Insect Repellent 30g. It acts as an insect repellent and at the same time provides an antiseptic barrier on your skin making it Helpful during rough conditions. It is pleasantly scented yet tough on repelling and keeping insects at bay.
- Combination of DEET and DIMP
- Non-greasy, Pleasantly scented.
- Contains no alcohol.
- Silicone base minimises absorption of DEET into the skin.
- Water and sweat resistant.
- up to 6 hours protection
- Protection up to 6 hours before the need to re-apply
- Effectively repels mosquitoes, sandflies, biting flies, ticks and other blood sucking insects.
- Guard against dengue fever, malaria, west Nile fever and other diseases transmitted by the bite of infected blood sucking and biting insects.
- 30% DEET - ( Higher percentages than 40% DEET are considered no more effective and increase the likelihood of irritation and skin rashes.)
- Roll On Ball Applicator
Products containing more than 40 percent DEET are reported by World Health Organization and other authorities as no more effective in repelling biting insects
Some people avoid the outdoors or certain areas because of mozzies. But with the Help of insect repellents you can enjoy the outdoors and explore the globe without worrying about insects spreading disease. Insect repellents providing protection from insect bites and can be very Helpful to prevent the development of simple skin irritation as well as a variety of insect-bite borne diseases. Some of the life threatening diseases associated with insect bites are malaria, dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis, among many others.
Are there any warnings and precautions?
- Always read the directions on the product label and re-apply as directed.
- Apply sparingly as required
- Keep out of reach of children
- If swallowed seek medical advice.
- Do not get this product near and in contact with food utensils, plastics and synthetic fabrics.
- Do not use over a prolonged period of time.
- Store upright when possible and below 30 deg;C
Why is there a need for insect Repellents?
Exploring the outdoor is a great opprtunity for our children to learn and enjoy. However, whenever they are outdoors, they are exposed to elements, including insect bites. Some insects can be harmless, producing only a very mild reaction towards the bitten child, but there are certain insects; such as: mosquitoes, biting flies and ticks, whose bites can in some cases make us sick when we are bitten.
In certain parts of Asia, Africa, Central or South America, a mosquito bite can easily translate to life threatening illnesses such as malaria and dengue fever. In fact, for New Zealand locals, there is no need to look far. In the Pacific Islands alone, there have been cases of dengue fever recorded among Kiwi travellers. There were even outbreaks of dengue fever reported in North Queensland, specifically in Cairns, Port Douglas and Townsville.
What are insect Repellents?
These are preparations that have become widely popular in providing protection for the body against many forms of insect bite reactions, whether local or systemic. The use of insect Repellents can be very Helpful in preventing a simple skin irritation that can lead to secondary skin infection as well as life threatening diseases caused by a measly insect bite.
1. DEET or N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide is considered to be the most commonly used and has a long history of safe use. However, some cases of misuse has led to cases of skin irritation, especially among very young children. DEET efficacy can be determined through its concentration. According to CDC, DEET containing Repellents with 30 to 50pc of DEET are safe to use on chidlren older than 2 months old. Higher concentrations only provide longer hours of protection but not added protection.
How does an insect Repellent work?
Understanding how insect Repellent works greatly depends on proper understanding of how a biting insect find their hosts. Studies on mosquito's behaviour have indicated that this particular insect use a combination of sight, heat and smell as their way of locating their prey. They are attracted to the scents of carbon dioxide, lactic acid and other odours emitted by the skin. They also like warm and moist skin. What an insect Repellent does, both chemical and non-chemical based, is to create a vapour barrier that prevents the insect from getting in contact with the skin. This the reason why most insect Repellents have a very strong odour because insects find these vapour to be offensive both to their sense of smell and taste.Save on petrol - buy Insect Repellents online at a great price and have it shipped to your door fast!