What is Urinary Incontinence
Basically this is urinating involuntarily rather then you need to go. It can occur during stressful times, pregnancy or due to a number of medical conditions. It really impact the way you live your life, so it is good there are a number of incontinence products to help make living with incontinence easier.
Types of incontinence:
- While stress is a common factor it can also be caused by:
- An over active bladder
- Poor closure of the bladder
- Poor bladder contraction or overflow of the bladder
- Medical or health products that make it difficult to get to a toilet on time.
1. Stress Incontinence:
This is when you can leak a small amount of urine while exercising, sneezing or coughing.
2. Urge Incontinence:
This is when you urinate in large quanities at an unexpected time like where you are sleeping.
3. Functional Incontinence:
This is when you urinate because of conditions, disabilities or obstacles that prevent you from making it to the toilet in time
4. Overflow Incontinence:
This is when you pass a small amount of urine because your bladder is full.
5. Mixed Incontinence:
This is when two forms occur like stress and urge incontinence together.
6. Transient Incontinence:
A temporary condition where you leak urine because of a condition that will pass (e.g. infections or post-surgery).
- There is an incontinence product to suit your needs and the level of leaking you experience.
- Sheets - Incontinence sheets are perfect for individuals with medical conditions or issues while they sleep.
- Undies - Are made to fit the form of a man or woman and can discreetly replace your normal underwear to give you piece of mind.
- Strips - can be placed into your underwear as a form of extra protection
- Liners - are great for light leakage and can easily be placed in your under wear
Page updated 23/08/16 7:08:02 a.m.